Personally I’m fighting against sugar all my life. BUT good news! Its getting better and better!
How to strike sugar:
- Get on low carb diet/Paleo! The high level of carbohydrates causes your blood sugar to spike, which causes your body to release too much insulin, which causes your blood sugar to crash. They set off intense cravings for sugar, because your body is trying to raise its blood sugar level back to normal. If you lower your carbohydrate intake, over time, your blood sugar will level out, no crashes will occur, and the sugar cravings will drop.
- Do not eat processed food,
- Think about the food you are going to eat: is there any hidden sugar? Is it processed? Is it good for my body?
- Its not working? SLOW DOWN and think again!
- Write everything you eat. This will help you to make a daily analysis about your food intake
- When sugar craving, drink a water and wait! Sometimes it takes about 10-15 min, normally it can take about 1h! So just try to be patient!
- If still having cravings, eat some fruit
- Make you sure you are getting enough of SLEEP (read my article about it)
- Try to eat fruits for your breakfast. I’m usually eating a grated apple with cinnamon, nuts and sometimes some honey
- Find something to do! clean up, go out with your dog, go to the gym, do something!
- Eat regularly!!! If sugar cravings, try to eat something neutral: meat, hard boiled egg, some nuts
- Print out a dream body you want to have and put it on your FRIDGE and everywhere you are having a food
- Are you craving sugar when watching TV? It is just a HABIT! So try to change your habit!!!
- Try dried fruit but eat with moderation
- Do not buy any candies!!!! Do not keep them at home!!! If your boyfriend or your kids must have any candies at home, just let them to keep their candies on some hidden place
- Are you stressed? You have to realize that you are STRESSED and that a food/sugar is not a solution! It won’t resolve your emotional issues! Think about how you’ll feel AFTER you ate it all!!! Do you still want to eat your chocolate?
- You are missing vitamins! B, C, E, Zinc, Chromium
- Are you hungry?? or are you just desiring a sugar?
- Plan your meals! Plan your treats! Plan your solutions for different sorts of cravings: emotional, stress, eating for pleasure, eating for your comfort
If you feel that you’ve tried everything, just take a piece of something you really desire and enjoy it! Eat it in moderation and don’t feel bad about it! Just do not overeat!
If you get on a low carb diet, you should know that once you overeat by carbs, all your efforts to avoid sugar cravings will start again!!! Don’t forget! You are what you eat!