Muffins, cookies, chocolate, candies, sugar in your coffee, sugar in your tea, sugar in your water, sodas, marmalade, sugar in a tomato sauce, pasta, rice, all processed foods, juices, alcohol … sugar is everywhere! Sugar is a legal drug earning a lot of money into food industry’s pocket.
In the beginning we will try to understand what kind of sugar exists. There are 2 kinds of sugar: complex and simple.
Simple sugars are carbohydrates and they are called monosaccarides. Monosaccarides are absorbed directly into the bloodstream during digestion. They include:
Fructose is found in many plants. Its often used by food industry because of its low cost and its high sweetness. We can find fructose in honey, fruits and vegetables. Free fructose is absorbed directly by the intestine.According to some studies, fructose is not completely absorbed in the small intestine. This provoke a complicated process that cause organic acids in the large intestine. You can have then gastrointestinal symptoms such as bloating, diarrhea, flatulence, and gastrointestinal pain. Excess of fructose cause insulin resistance, obesity, …Excessive fructose consumption may contribute to the development of fatty liver diseases (non alcoholic).
Glucose is the simplest form of carbohydrate used by your body and its used by your body mainly for the energy. Every living thing on the Earth uses glucose for the energy.It is sweet, and manufacturers take advantage of this property to use it as a food additive or addition to children’s dietary supplements to make them palatable. While glucose passes readily through your intestinal wall, optimal fructose absorption only occurs when glucose and fructose are present in equal concentrations. Concentrations of glucose approaching 10 mM are pre-diabetic levels.
Galactose is found in dairy products, sugar beets and other gums. Chronic exposure to galactose causes the accelearation of AGING! There might be a possible link between galactose in milk and the ovarian cancer!
Complex sugars are called disaccharides.
Sucrose (roots of sugar beets, stems of sugar cane, carrots) , Maltose (formed during the germination of certain grains, most notably barley which is converted into malt) and Lactose (sugar in milk – adults are unable to digest lactose) are all compound sugars.
THE PROBLEM IS THAT:
- We consomme more than 130 gram of fructose/day (we should have max.25gram/day)
- The processed food contains a lot of sugar and almost no fibers
- More than 50% of sweeteners made in the food industry are made from corn
- Fructose is worse than eating a fat! You gain weight, fructose doesnt stimulate insulin and leptin which means that you are eating more and more of candies and you develop insulin resistance
- Fructose elevates uric acid
- The more you eat it, the more you become sensitive to its toxic effects
- Sugar feeds cancer, herpes, eczema,
- Sugar depresses + suppress your immune system
- Sugar increases the bacterial stomach fermentation in the colon
- Sugar can increase in the delta, alpha and theta brain waves which can alter the mind’s ability to think CLEARLY
- Sugar causes the depression
- Sugar deactivate your body’s natural antioxidant enzymes to reduce your antioxidant levels
- Sugar assists the uncontrolled growth of Candida yeast infections
ETC ETC ETC
In the following article we will speak about How to strike sugar! See you then!